Afterwards, LineageOS was created as a spiritual successor to CyanogenMod. LineageOS is a more vanilla, and privacy-focused ROM, based on AOSP (the Android Open-Source Project). The official versions don’t come with Google apps, but still use some Google services, such as the DNS server, or the WebView package. Thankfully Xiaomi Mi Note 10 has received Lineage OS 18.1 based on Android 11. Lineage OS 18.1 is an upgraded version of Lineage OS 18 with some performance and security enhancements. Following the guide, you can easily download/install Lineage OS 18.1 For Xiaomi Mi Note 10 (Android 11).
If you want to factory reset while you install stock firmware select the file which starts with “CSC” file for the CSC button, otherwise, load the “HOME_CSC” instead. Make sure F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot option are the only ones checked in the Odin’s “Options” tab.
- A custom ROM is a good option if you’d like to make your device stand out.
- If there is no update available, but you are on an older version of Android, it might be that your phone is too old for new updates.
- These are customized versions of Android done by mobile companies to make their devices unique in looks and features.
- Since they don’t make the source code public, the developers face a hard-time building up ROMs for these devices.
- Android Go phones similarly use software that riffs on stock Android.
If you are wondering how to flash stock firmware on your Samsung phones, the process is really simple and easy to use. In this guide, we are going to show you how you can flash stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy devices using Odin. So read all the steps very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your phone.
A custom ROM essentially replaces the stock ROM or skin on your phone. For example, if you have a Xiaomi or Redmi phone running on MIUI but don’t like https://uv.edu.ph/firmware-downloads/unlock-the-potential-of-your-samsung-sgh-t959-with/ the interface, you can install a custom ROM that will change the UI to vanilla Android. In my opinion, if you have a Google Pixel phone, I recommend giving a try to either CalyxOS, CopperheadOS or Lineage. These Android ROMs have excellent features to help you keep your phone out of Google’s spying eyes while also keeping your phone [arguably] more secure. One of the most effective ways to do that is by installing a privacy/security-focused Android ROM. Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.